Collaboration with MMMMquilts Block Design
I am so pumped to announce that Sandra at MMMquilts is hosting a block design contest from March 15 to May15. The winner will have his/her block printed to make their very own backyard quilt!!
How cool is that? Below are all the details of this contest!! What a fantastic way to get into the swing of spring!!
Who can participate:
Anyone. Simply send Sandra @mmmquilts your first design by email (ephdra at gmail dot com) and then I can invite you to join the private group.
- Design a quilt block or an entire quilt. Very important: if you draw a quilt block, please put a few together to see what an overall pattern might look like. Add some colour. **Just as Rachel said in her challenge, you can use non-original blocks, but re-invent them by changing up colour or value, or put two non-original different ones together and see what magic can occur!
- You may submit hand-drawn designs or digital designs.
- No construction directions needed.
- The goal is to create 30 quilt (not quilt block, I am hoping to be very clear this year!) designs between now and May 15. That is 61 days, so plan on doing a design every other day.
- Take a photo of your design, number it, (see above for how I did mine) and post it to the private FaceBook group, 30QuiltDesigns2019. Of course, if you want to show the world your designs, feel free, using the hashtag I'll set up:
- We will have a checkpoint at the 10 designs point, about a third of the way in to the challenge. If someone has posted four or fewer quilt designs, unfortunately that person will be blocked from the FaceBook group.
- Please tag each photo @mmmquilts if you do post on Instagram so I can see your designs!
- Be sure to number and date each design.
- To be eligible for prizes, be sure to follow @mmmquilts on Instagram, and I'd love it if you'd also follow my blog. See the ways to follow in my sidebar.
- March 15 - May15, 2019
- ..as Henri Matisse said, "Creativity takes courage."
- And, as Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all."
- And from Seth Godin, whose thoughtful and thought-provoking messages are deposited into my inbox each day, "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."
The lovely Darla of Clinton Modern Creative is back this year with a $25 gift certificate to her wonderful shop in Saskatchewan for one Canadian designer who completes the challenge.
I was approached a month ago by...
Brenda, (that’s Me!) the owner of Quilt Designs in the Yard, also lives in Saskatchewan, Canada. She also writes a blog, and is on FaceBook. Basically, she prints quilts on aluminum, similar to barn quilts, but on a smaller basis, so you can use them as backyard décor.
She makes two sizes, 60 cm and 30 cm. One winner who completes the challenge will win a 60 cm backyard quilt, the design being one of her own 30 designs! Isn't that just the coolest?! The prize is valued at $200, and, due to shipping costs as well as being a fledgling business, will only be available to a Canadian resident.
Tayva of Cali Quilt Co. was a wonderful sponsor of my Postcard from Sweden QAL last year, hosted by yours truly, along with my good friend Helen of Midget Gem Quilts. She is back to sponsor a winner with a $25 gift certificate to her lovely shop!
Remember: a quilt makes everything better!